Mrs K Ridgeway
Mrs K Gock
- Rehearses once a week at lunchtime and consists of strings, woodwind, brass and percussion instruments.
- Band instruments are available for hire for a fee of $30.00 per term.
- Students who play orchestral instruments are encouraged to join the school band, which plays at various school functions throughout the year.
ROCK BANDS Year 11
- Formed in 2002 to give students who are interested in the rock genre the opportunity to perform.
- These students perform at various school functions throughout the year. Rehearsals are once a week at lunchtime.
- Their performance at the Penrith Valley Performing Arts Festival was greeted with great enthusiasm by the audience.
- Formed in 2004 to extend the talented brass and reed players in the orchestra.
- Introduces a sophisticated jazz style of playing - a high level of technical ability is required.
- Rehearses once a week at lunchtime.
The Penrith High School Concert Band over the past few years has grown exceptionally in size and talent. Conducted by Mrs Ridgeway with the help of this year's Instrumental student leaders, we have seen a huge improvement in the abilities of the band members, as well as the increase in difficulty of the pieces (which shows how far we have come in such a short time!).
Currently we are rehearsing a new repertoire consisting of pieces such as Farandole,The Stripper, Eye of The Tiger andJust The Way You Are, as well as some old favourites.
With the increase of band members we have also seen a variety of new instruments. These include a bass clarinet, french horn and percussion (including the congas).
Not only do the band members give up their Tuesday lunchtimes, but also their beauty sleep, to attend the 8.00 am morning rehearsals.
On behalf of the band, we would like to thank Mrs Ridgeway for all the time and effort she has put into making the band what it is today. We couldn't have done it without you!
Written by student band members